CIPC – Annual Returns

When you have a private company, close corporation or non profit company, you have to pay an annual fee to CIPC every year in the anniversary month of the company.

When the annual return is submitted, you have to declare your annual revenue to CIPC. There are also some questions you have to answer with regards to the financial management and reporting of the company.

Should you not pay the annual fee, CIPC will deregister the company. When this happens, the tax number will also be deregistered at SARS. Which means that the company can no longer be used to trade with.

To rectify the deregistration is a long and costly process, as you have to apply to CIPC to have the company reinstated, as well as advertise in the newspaper before CIPC will accept it. You also have to get documents from the deeds office to show whether the company owns any property. So it is better to submit on time, and avoid getting deregistered.


Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Contact us on Whatsapp